New fibre-optic cable to benefit SKA project
By Engineering News
About 70% of Broadband Infraco’s own capacity on the cable, which went live on Friday, would be directed to key scientific projects of national interest. The remaining 30% capacity would support other government projects that required international capacity, as well as commercial availability for smaller players in the industry.State-owned telecommunications group Broadband Infraco aims to use the majority of its 11.4% capacity on the West African Cable System (Wacs) to support key projects such as the Square Kilometre Array (SKA), said newly appointed CEO Puleng Sejanamane
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!