ICPC Plenary Meeting: 18-20 March 2014 inclusive
The next Plenary of the International Cable Protection Committee (ICPC) will be held in Dubai and its theme will be:
Managing Critical Infrastructure in a Changing Natural & Socio-Economic Environment
The ICPC therefore seeks presentations from interested parties that help address the commercial, legal, technical and operational challenges of protecting submarine cables.
Topics could include, but are not limited to:
- Government & Industry working together
- Power cables: overcoming the challenges of depth and distance
- Science and Submarine Cables
- Choke points, route diversity and network resilience
- Legal & regulatory challenges & solutions
- Social, strategic and economic reliance on submarine cables
- New technologies and best practices for cable protection and maintenance
- Helping new players to understand the basics of cable protection
- Cables in new and extreme environments, e.g. Arctic, Rivers
- Avoiding intentional damage, e.g. Terrorism, Vandalism, Theft, Piracy
Presentations should be 25 minutes long including time for questions and, to ensure clarity when presented, should be formatted in accordance with the guidance that will be provided.
Prospective presenters are respectfully advised that papers that are overtly marketing a product or service will not be accepted, however two marketing slides can be included at the beginning or end of the presentation.
NB: Commercial exhibits may be displayed adjacent to the ICPC meeting room by special arrangement. Please contact the Secretary for further details.
Abstracts must be submitted via email to [email protected] no later than 31 January 2014.
The ICPC will evaluate all submissions based on content and quality.