By Hibernia Press Release
Hibernia Networks recently selected Ciena? (NYSE:CIEN) to provide advanced optical solutions on the Hibernia Networks platform. The first element of Hibernia’s network to utilize Ciena’s technology will be Hibernia’s Trans-Atlantic system. As part of the new relationship with Ciena, Hibernia has also joined Ciena’s BizConnect partner program, offering a comprehensive go-to-market strategy that includes joint marketing, training and technical support to penetrate new customers and industries in North America and Europe.
- Hibernia Networks is a diverse high-bandwidth connectivity provider with a rich suite of services including IP transit, CDN, carrier Ethernet, Spectrum and others. Its network provides service to global investment banks, content delivery networks (CDN), broadcasters, cloud services, enterprises, international PTTs and ISPs. Hibernia also provides low-latency routes to 31 different financial exchanges around the globe through its Global Financial Network (GFN).
- Hibernia Networks owns and operates a global network connecting North America, Europe and Asia. Hibernia offers over 200 network Points of Presence (PoPs) in 89 markets and 25 countries.
- Hibernia will deploy Ciena’s GeoMesh submarine solution, including the 6500 Packet-Optical Platform, WaveLogic coherent optics and full ROADM. Together, these components lay the foundation for an OP?? network architecture that will enable Hibernia to scale and react quickly to address changing trans-Atlantic traffic patterns.
- Hibernia will also leverage Ciena’s OneConnect Intelligent Control Plane platform, which provides seamless end-to-end service provisioning and creation. This added level of control will allow Hibernia to rapidly offer services, all with simple and efficient back-end workflows.
- As a new member of Ciena’s BizConnect partner program, Hibernia is working with Ciena to jointly develop new sales opportunities, particularly with government, education and other public-sector customers.
About Hibernia Networks:
Hibernia Networks owns and operates a global network connecting North America, Europe and Asia. Hibernia offers over 200 network Points of Presence (PoPs) in 89 markets and 25 countries. Hibernia Networks serves its global customer base, including wholesale, finance, media and high-bandwidth companies, with unparalleled support, flexibility and service. Hibernia provides secure and diverse dedicated Ethernet, DTM, Wavelengths and carrier-grade IP Transit services. As a true, end-to-end service provider, Hibernia also offers cloud connectivity, low latency connectivity and HiberniaCDN for seamless anytime, anywhere content delivery. Hibernia’s media services are dedicated to flawless delivery of video signals over fiber, supporting dedicated and occasional broadcasts globally. For more information on Hibernia’s cutting-edge network and services, please visitwww.hibernianetworks.com.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with its OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/ciena. Investors are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website at www.ciena.com/investors, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use.