GlobeNet Strengthens its Latin American Submarine Network with Ciena
Ciena Press Release
May 15, 2018
HANOVER, Md. — GlobeNet, a wholesale provider of telecom infrastructure in the Americas, has selected Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) technology to deliver 200G wavelengths along its 23,500 km fiber optic subsea cable system across the Americas. The deployment will help GlobeNet improve its network resiliency, increase system capacity, and reduce latency.
- GlobeNet is a wholesale telecommunications company offering a variety of international data capabilities suitable for carriers and service providers looking to expand their proprietary network infrastructure.
- By implementing Ciena’s GeoMesh Extreme solution, including the 6500 Packet-Optical Platform powered by WaveLogic Ai coherent optics, GlobeNet can guarantee network availability by proactively addressing potential faults using software intelligence and automation.
- To increase the capacity and redundancy of GlobeNet’s subsea network, Ciena’s solution is configured with a Packet/OTN architecture, ensuring multi-site connectivity with 200G wavelengths to handle data growth. This added resiliency against fault scenarios provides service assurance for GlobeNet to protect the large amount of capacity carried by WaveLogic Ai. Additionally, Ciena’s Blue Planet Manage, Control, Plan (MCP) software improves network visibility through real-time software control.
- “We pride ourselves on our ability to offer customers a variety of capabilities, from carrier Ethernet services to managed colocation environments and network virtualization. Our investment in Ciena’s network solutions highlights our commitment to providing customers with secure and reliable data services, even in the face of the unpredictable.”
– Eduardo Falzoni, CEO, GlobeNet
- “This deployment is a testament to our experience interconnecting the world with open submarine networks through a combination of flexible network solutions and support team. This resilient, cost-effective solution will provide GlobeNet with the highest capacity available, along with the ability to scale and create a more adaptive network.”
– Ian Clarke, Vice President, Global Submarine Systems, Ciena
GlobeNet is a wholesale telecommunications provider that connects the Americas with an integrated and comprehensive portfolio of services (Network, IP, IaaS and Security), supported by its award-winning, lowest latency, and ultra-resilient 23,500 kilometers subsea and datacenter infrastructure. With leading customer service, GlobeNet helps ensure your business is always ready for the challenges ahead.
GlobeNet is a portfolio company of BTG Pactual's Infrastructure Fund II, the recipient of 2017 Frost & Sullivan's Best Practices Award – Latin American, Carrier of Carriers Services, Company of the Year, and named 2017 Best Regional Wholesale Operator at 2017 World Communication Awards. For more information about GlobeNet, please visit www.globenet.com.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.